Morris Family Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

Many of my friends belong to book clubs or have read the Twilight series within a weekend, but for me, finishing a book has been quite challenging since my college days. I hate to admit that actually. Most newlywed gals have several goals in mind such as thank-you notes, changing their name or re-organizing the pantry. I am sure many of you thought the last one was my recent accomplished goal. Come on people, I organize our pantry weekly. My goal was to finish a book from cover to cover over the honeymoon. Well, this newlywed goal was almost a disaster and that is no way to start a marriage! I failed to purchase a book before we departed for our honeymoon. So I made due with my Glamour and Shape magazines and decided to postpone my new goal. But we ended up having a long layover in Puerto Rico on our way back, so I moseyed over to Hudson News and purchased Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang. Matt was not very happy with my airport purchase. (He buys his books on Amazon for half the price) But a new determination took over me, I knew I could finish the book before we touched back down in Houston.



I have never read any of Chelsea Handler’s books before, but I have heard that they are pretty intense. And if you have watched her shows, you know she doesn’t hold anything back. Her books are just the same. At times, you are so uncomfortable but you keep reading anyways because you have to read what inappropriate comment will come next. Here are my thoughts on a couple of her chapters.

The Feeling – This is the name of the first chapter. If you can make it past this chapter you are golden. I won’t tell you what “the feeling” is, but I will tell you that she talks about it for 18 pages and she is eight years old. I think I will consider myself blessed that I didn’t find “the feeling” until a later age.

When Life Hands you Lemons – In this chapter Chelsea talks about the Cabbage Patch doll she yearned for as a child. Since I had one as a child, this chapter was very relatable and I found it even more hilarious.

Dudley – Chelsea plays an awful joke on her boyfriend that results in a dog funeral for Dudley. I won’t give it away, but I do know that I would be terrified to be Chelsea’s friend. You never know what she is going to do or say to you.

Dear Asshole – I had no idea what kind of relationship Chelsea had with her dad until reading this book. And this chapter really outlines how out of touch he is with reality. I now get all her jokes on her show, Chelsea Lately.


If you need a good, honest laugh and can take vulgar and offensive language at times, I recommend her book. Matt and I are going to see her live on April 23. I can’t wait! Maybe I will have her sign my book!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brittney said...

Never thought I'd see the day you posted a book review - haha! :)

April 20, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home